Thursday 24 January 2013

To love thy self or despise others...



The inspiration behind this story comes from an issue that we all experience; and it has everything to do with our physical appearance. We either think we are too fat; or too thin; or too dark; or too nappy headed; or our eyes are this way; or our thighs are too big…either way, no matter what angle we look at it, we are our own worst critics. We might get that much needed boost of positivity and appreciation but we just don’t listen.

Today, I would like to focus on loving yourself. Whichever way you look at it, you have to love yourself in order to be a better person; not only for yourself but for the people around you. What do I do? If it’s something I change, let’s say my weight, I shall do something about it. I shall eat healthy, work out and talk to people with success stories. If it’s something I cannot change, something physical, I accept it and look for other elements of my body that are outstanding – basically, what I can work!

And for all those people that love to criticize other people, quit it! And I am not talking about the nice critics trying to help you better yourself. I am talking about the uncultured people that say the following things, “Eh! You are too fat. What’s wrong with you?” or “Eyiii look at your hair – it’s bad!” etc. The reason such people say such negative things is so they feel better about themselves. Either way, you have got to stop – right before you deliver that negative energy, think about why are you are doing so and what it shall do to that particular person.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post,its food for thought.

    Criticism is good if done well for example,you can recommend specific ways to someone in a friendly way to better themselves instead of saying something negative that will hurt.If they care they will try out the recommended ways and they will like it and keep on coming back for advice hence friendship.

    ReplyDelete