Tuesday 18 February 2014

I WOKE UP LIKE THIS… With FLAWLESS Skin

Today’s beauty trick deals with your skin. We all wish we could have amazing skin like the gorgeous Lupita Nyong’o – that lady’s skin is flawless (read as Beyonce would).


 I was advised by a close friend of mine to start using ice cubes to cleanse my face. I then came home to find my sister and mother using the same technique in the morning and evening, and I followed suit, and this is why. Every time I travel to Europe or the Americas, that is overseas travel, I come back to Uganda with the smoothest skin I have ever had. And then the humidity in Uganda just takes me back to my usual heat rash ridden face, sigh! I attribute that bulaya smooth skin to the cabin pressure or the colder atmosphere in “outside countries” so when my family and friend recommended I use ice cubes on my face, I knew it would definitely work.

The steps are very easy. 1) Cleanse (wash) your face. 2) Use any other product to wash your face, for example, a facial scrub. 3) Get an ice cube or two and use on your face and neck. 4) If necessary and at this stage, use your weekly face mask. 5) Towel dry. 6) Use your face/facial moisturizer.

Please note, steps 2 and 4 are not a must as they are done only once in awhile. Also, wrap the ice cubes in a wash cloth so they do not cause delicate capillaries under your skin to burst.

The benefits of using ice on your face include, and are not limited to:
·         Constricting your pores to make your skin look smoother and brighter.
·         Soothing acne and inflammatory skin.
·         Improving blood circulation to keep you looking younger.
·         Reducing swelling and redness of acne.



I have been doing this for over a month now, and I must say, “I woke up like this… I woke up like this… Flawless!

No comments:

Post a Comment